Schools & Universities
The Genesis Fogger & HOCl score an A+ in Science, Health, Environmental Studies, and Economics.
HOCl fogging offers the ideal disinfection method for schools and universities. With 100 times the efficacy of chlorine bleach, it easily kills airborne viruses including influenza and Covid-19, as well as surface contaminants and bacteria such as Staph. The Genesis Fogger quickly disinfects air and surfaces, including hard-to-reach areas, such as ventilation systems, high ceilings (auditoriums and gymnasiums), and because it’s 100% natural and completely non-toxic, it’s perfect for use in school kitchens and lunchrooms.
Custodial staff simply fog, and their disinfecting work is done. This high level of effective and thorough disinfection provides added confidence to staff, students, and visitors.
What is Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl)?
- (H) Hydrogen, (O) Oxygen, (Cl) Chlorine
- HOCl is 100x more effective than chlorine bleach at killing bacteria, fungi, and viruses, and with none of the negative characteristics of chlorine bleach.
- HOCl is found on EPA’s “List N,” meaning it’s approved to kill all strains and variants of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).
- HOCl is nontoxic to both humans and animals, nonhazardous, and safe on skin.
- HOCl is found in the human body at the white blood cell level, and is therefore safe for nasal and oral rinsing to decontaminate, as well as safe for nebulizing.
The Science Behind It
Hypochlorous Acid and HOCl fogging have been evaluated by regulatory agencies (including USDA, FDA, EPA, NIH, CDC) and healthcare institutions, professional organizations, independent laboratories, and academic institutions in more than 50 countries.
- NIH concluded “HOCl may be the disinfectant of choice for coronaviruses.”
- Another NIH study determined that no-touch fogging with HOCl at a low concentration of 20-200 ppm reduces virus transmission from one site to another.
It’s 100% Natural
- NIH also noted “HOCl is used in the treatment of [eye inflammation] by reducing the bacterial load on the surface of the eye.”
- It is safe and used for nasal irrigation to treat chronic sinusitis. A study showed a low (0.85%) concentration HOCl solution can be used as an effective nasal irrigation solution.
- USDA clarified that HOCl is appropriate for organic production and handling. USDA also states that HOCl can be used as a no-rinse disinfectant on fruit and vegetables.
- HOCl is considered by the FDA to be “the agent that has the highest bactericidal activity against a broad range of microorganisms” (US FDA, 2015).
It’s Time to Rethink COVID Disinfection™
HOCl…the disinfectant of choice for all strains and variants of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
HOCl is Harmless
HOCl is Optimal
HOCl is Clean
HOCl is Harmless, Optimal, Clean
The NIH studies referred to above found that 200 ppm of HOCl is ideal for any commercial setting.
Because it is nontoxic to both humans and animals there is no maximum, some schools or universities fog between every class and others, twice per day.
Restrooms, Classes, Hallways, break rooms, front office space, high-touch surfaces.